Tuesday, February 21, 2012

132: Of Romance Book

I never really have said it aloud, but yes I have weakness for romance books (seriously, people should stop calling it a trashy novel. okay?). What I particularly love about romance book is that it's an easy read, romantic, and always have a HEA.

To let you know, I totally have an aversion towards books that has no happy ending. If you ask why, it's because it pains me so much when the book ends up tragically. There's this book that I've read which I have invested my emotion and it ended up breaking my freaking heart. From then on, I told myself that I will avoid such kind of books.

Then I was introduced to romance novels.

The first romance novel I have ever read was written by Judith McNaught entitled Remember When. It was the book that made me fall in love with the genre. After discovering Judith's books, I ended up searching for books in the same type.

If you're going to ask me what particularly kind of romance reader I am, I'll tell you that I am fond of historical romance. Historical romances are just totally engaging. I love the dresses, the courting, the parties, and the etiquette the book tells about.

Plus, plus historical romances have those incredible cheesy raunchy book covers and step backs. I love love them.

Anyway if you're new to romance, I'd tell you to read Judith McNaught, Lisa Kleypas, or Julia Quinn.  They were a better romance to start with. ☺

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...