Wednesday, August 20, 2014

256: Sunrise @ Kuala Lumpur


Sunrise @ Kuala Lumpur, if there's something that I have noticed in (where I was) Malaysia it's that the life begins at 7AM. In fact, I have a photo where in by 6:00AM their street is still clear of cars and just few people are around. I'm not sure if it's because the sun rises quite later than in Manila. But whatever the reason maybe, I find it really tranquilizing. Soothing from the usual busy early mornings in Philippines. This is even more evident when we went at Putrajaya and stayed in Marriott; the hotel itself is dead by 5.30AM. The lobby is clear of door man, no staff in the reception area, and the lights are dimmed. Believe it or not, I think I didn't even see a guard roaming around the entrance of the hotel.

Don't take me wrong there's nothing wrong in busy mornings and relaxed ones. It just amazes me how different things are. This is what I love about in what I do, waking up in the morning and just experiencing foreign cities and I can do a comparison on where I currently am and where I live. Countries, cities have their own uniqueness. Didn't Marcel Proust once said that 'The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes but in having new eyes'? And I found that quote true. Where I live in the Philippines, and where I was in Malaysia was like looking and experiencing an unfamiliar color for the first time.

Looking forward in waking up to a different city again next time.








See the rest of my photos on my Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...