Monday, June 17, 2013

211: Travel - Day 1: Lost in Singapore, Night Walk


Gad, so many pictures. I have too many pictures on our vacation that I couldn't find time to edit everything. So my apologies for posting raw pictures. But on my first entry, I'd be talking about how our 1st day in Singapore was. I love Singapore. I love it because the country was so organized and traveller friendly. I really think that their government puts tourism on top of their priority because they make the traveller's life easier.

Anyway my friend and I arrived on Singapore last June 13 around 4:30PM and since we are short in our travel period it was necessary that we start touring right after arriving.

The first place we went to was the night safari.

Look at how happy I am and how everyone looks tired!
My good friend looking excited too!
These flame spitting dancers!
More bad-assery
These signs that gives a real illusion of an approaching tiger.
The friendly deers!
My favorite animal: Elephant with a tusk no less!
My other favorite: Tiger
My apologies on a bad photography because my camera was having a hard time taking pictures at night. I'm glad that I was able to take a photo of my favorite animals: Elephant and tiger. I wish I could have taken a picture of the giraffe as it's also my favorite but the giraffe was too far and it's a little too dark for my camera to take a decent one. 

What I love about the night safari is the chance to really see the animals without the cage. They were out on the field! The dangerous ones (tiger, wild dogs, lions) were not caged but they were in these wired places instead. Also, aside from taking the tram to take an educational tour inside the visitors has the chance to take a walk in the trails. 

Taking the trail was really thrilling because the fact that the animals were not caged, it made us feel that it's likely that we'd come across some animals along the way! lol. Plus, the fact that it's dark made us feel like we were in the amazon! You cannot take the fear that we felt because if we take the wrong trail we might end up on the back of the Tiger's place. hahaha. My friend and I were fooling around to the point we ended up scaring ourselves!

I've got to tell you that going to the night safari despite not taking a rest was worth it. I enjoyed seeing the animals just as I did when I was a kid. I appreciate it more though considering that I am conscious enough of how beautiful and fragile they are.

If you go to Singapore, I'd recommend this one. Although it's a little pricey but it's worth it. I'd like to try the River Zoo in Singapore one day when it's already complete. I bet it's a wonderful place too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...