Tuesday, January 17, 2012

122: Movie Review: Sherlock Holmes

I do not know why I skipped watching this and just decided to watch just now. Much to my regret. I should have watch this along time ago. But it was never too late.

After finally catching serial killer and occult "sorcerer" Lord Blackwood, legendary sleuth Sherlock Holmes and his assistant Dr. Watson can close yet another successful case. But when Blackwood mysteriously returns from the grave and resumes his killing spree, Holmes must take up the hunt once again. Contending with his partner's new fiancée and the dimwitted head of Scotland Yard, the dauntless detective must unravel the clues that will lead him into a twisted web of murder, deceit, and black magic - and the deadly embrace of temptress Irene Adler. - IMDB

Okay, much as I love Robert Downey Jr., this movie never really got my attention. But I thought of giving this a chance.

Then of course I was proven wrong. The movie can now tell me "I told you so" in my face because this movie is just awesome as Robert and Jude law is awesome.

I like the twist and turn of the story. How the scene rewinds and reveals the plot layer by later. It was fun because the story did not go in a straight pace route. It went in a different direction before heading on the same line.

Robert Downey and Jude Law has an incredible chemistry. I like how opposite they are in character, get into each other's throat, but sticks together. Plus, I think Robert and Jude justified their character as Sherlock and John. They have lived the character true to life. Rachel McAdams, on the other hand, was plain. I was not crazy about her as I was crazy about Sherlock and John. But to say, her character Irene (Adler) was not a distraction despite how plain her character is.

If you like mystery, with twist and humor this is a spot on. I am now excited for the part 2 which I will be watching tomorrow.

rating: 5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...