Saturday, April 21, 2012

149: How to Stop Thinking About Someone?


"I need to stop doing this" I suddenly blurted out of the blue while my friends and I were on our way to Tagaytay. They looked at me in surprise and wondered why on earth I randomly said that out loud. 

Yes, Carrie that's what I thought too.

Of course, they ended up prying for information that something has been bothering me. I whisked out their concern by saying that I was just obsessing on my work. They seemed to be satisfied with my answer, they let go of my random rant. Little they did know the reason why I actually said that is because there's this certain person who keeps on popping on my mind. This person had been a constant plague of my sanity. I tell you. 

To say, I have the ability to quell my thoughts and control my emotions. So during the night, I told myself that I have to stop thinking about this guy. It was my firm determination and decision that not thinking about this person is what I want. I admit that it's hard and it takes time before I master myself from being free from that person. But, I have to admit that telling myself that I want to stop thinking about him, help made things a little lighter. It was my first step.

So I was pacing back and forth inside my room, while thinking of ways how to restrain my mind from thinking. I know we have different rules to control our mind, but here are mine:

1. Do not be idle - Being idle would give me space to think. That's why when I am trying to move on (not just on person but let's say on a situation that bothers me) I become very productive. Let's keep my mind busy!
2. Think of someone/something else - My mind literally needs to obsess on something else, because if not, 'Houston we have a problem' . Bam! I'm back thinking of that person.
3. Think of their flaws - haha, yes! I need to be aware of that person's flaws and realize that that person does not deserve my thoughts.
4. Pray - What can I say, prayer does wonders. 

There are many ways to stop thinking of someone. I came across this article that had listed the ways to stop thinking of a person. It pretty much indicated a lot of ways. You can read the article here. I think it's helpful when you are trying to move on.

The thing is, forgetting someone is hard but I always believe that if this is what we really want to happen, it's our determination that will help us make it happen. So figure things out with yourself, then make an unyielding decision. 

You, what are the things you do to forget someone?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...