Wednesday, March 27, 2013

201: Movie: Only You - to Destiny!

Okay. I'm still spazzing on how amazingly romantic this film is. I have seen this on the list that I was browsing in imdb. You see, despite of my being single, of choosing to be single I have hopes of unforgettable romance. Since at the moment I have none, I thought of browsing the list of recommended romantic films.


I must admit that one of the reason why I chose this one out of the 100 list is because Robert Downey Jr., is in it. I don't think I have mentioned it here about how much I love Robert Downey. He's one of my fictional boyfriends. You might think that he's a bit old for me, but I love my man older. I'm attracted to mature, eccentric, nerdy, dapper looking guy. Cool, huh?

So anyway, the story is about this woman - Faith who believes in soulmates. She pursued the man she believes is the one for her.

Back when she was 11 years old, while playing an Ouija board she asked who's she destined to marry and the board spelled DAMON BRADLEY. Faith was convinced that she will be marrying this guy named Damon Bradley. A decade later, while fitting her wedding gown, a man called and guess who's on the other end? It's Damon Bradley. That's where the story starts, so she threw caution away and flew from US to Italy just to see the man she knew she's destined to be with.

The movie was simple, but the message there was palpable. I do not want to spoil so much but if you are in the mood for a feel good romance this holiday, I'd suggest you take this one. If there's anything that I have learned in this movie it's that we really need to trust in our instinct, our heart and not just follow the signs. Well, the sign might lead us somewhere ~ probably to our destiny ~ but eventually it's us who makes our destiny.

Watch the trailer here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zLrqyfkXt_A


“And so, when a person meets the half that is his very own, whatever his orientation, whether it's to young men or not, then something wonderful happens: the two are struck from their senses by love, by a sense of belonging to one another, and by desire, and they don't want to be separated from one another, not even for a moment.” ― Plato, Symposium

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...