Friday, March 22, 2013

199: Singapore Trip (Part 1): a Renewed Hope and the Power of Decision


Do you ever believe about the "connecting the dots"? Steve Jobs talked about it, and even though I haven't heard it from Steve Jobs, I have experienced it. There was a certain event in my life during college that suddenly made me realize that the reason I got into that situation is because it prepared me for a wonderful ending. 

I strongly believe that what's happening in our life has a value eventually. Even the smallest thing that we've decided on, the reason why we are where we are right now is because it means something eventually. Yes, we can't understand it yet but I believe we just need to believe that God has a plan for us. And we just need to believe that it has a reason why it happened, why it's happening. 

One of the things that I hold dear in my life is what God said: 

For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. ~ Jer 29:11

and yes, whenever I feel something bad happened to me, or why I am where I am right now is because God has an ultimate plan. 

And this is what I have experienced when I went to Singapore. My trip there was certainly not just to have fun. But to renew the hope that I have in my life. 

I am not exactly a travel enthusiast. I am stingy (and so I have declared many times) and going out of town was certainly not something of an essential. Maybe I'd do it if I have extra few cash, but due to my wonderful, persistent sister she told me to take the trip. And I did, I thought why not [?] maybe it's just the right time to indulge myself despite the expenses. 

Going in Singapore was not just a trip but it had taught me a few valuable wisdoms, and one of which is the power of decision. I was doing a high intensity interval training (watch the sample: here) and despite my doubt that I can finish the whole training without cheating, I told myself that I'll do it. No matter what the cost. No matter how long, I'll finish it.

And I did. It was tough, but since from the beginning that I took the workout I have decided that I will finish it. The push up + superman push up (part) was tough and my muscles were tired. I wanted to quit but because of my decision that I will finish the damn work out, I pushed forward. Also, I kept shouting "PUSHHHHH!!!!", "No Quitting!", "I can do this" every time I feel like quitting. It sounded silly, but if I didn't chant those things I would have relent on my emotions. Plus, the fact that my sister had been very supportive, helped me not to quit.

During that time, during on my trainings I kept conditioning my mind that I can finish the workout, and I kept reminding myself about the decision that I made. It helped and taught me that I can do things if I just put my mind on it. 

So my dear readers, I wish the same thing for you. If you wanted to change your life do it. Make that change. Decide that THIS IS WHAT you want to happen!

Before I signed this entry, I'm leaving you this song: Titanium by Sia (feat. David Guetta) just because the lyrics inspires the hell out of me during my training.



You shout it out, 
But I can't hear a word you say 
I'm talking loud not saying much 
I'm criticized but all your bullets ricochet 
You shoot me down, but I get up 

 I'm bulletproof, nothing to lose 
Fire away, fire away 
Ricochet, you take your aim 
Fire away, fire away 
You shoot me down 
but I won't fall I am titanium

Next: Singapore Trip (Part 2): a Realization

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...