Sunday, August 12, 2012

164: Finding Our Passion

taken from here
"The problem is I don't know what my passion is", thus said my friend. 

Do you know what your passion is?

I wouldn't deny that I suffered to this too. I did not know where I am passionate about because I am a diverse kind of person. When I see something interesting I try to do it too. I think the problem with me was that I try to re-live other's passion. Since I focused doing other's passion, I didn't find out what was mine. But I was lucky enough that I got conscious about this and had my "self-defining" moment. I have realized that mine definitely fall into arts.

Now that I realized I love arts, there's something else that I have to figure out (again!). So, what I am trying to know right now was where exactly in arts? To say, I found out that these things interests me: cooking, writing, crafting, drawing, reading, watercoloring, designing, and photography.

I cannot yet make a conclusion because honestly I love them all and I haven't felt the right one. But I was happy enough that at least I have defined myself. Now, my good friend and I have been planning to find where our passion lies. We've been talking HUGELY about it and planning how we could hone our passion.

I think I was lucky I got conscious of this, because as my sister puts it, there are those who doesn't know what they really want in life. I do not know which to blame, but it's probably the media because it diverts us to finding who we really are. But maybe it's also our fault because we let it define us. But it's not too late, we still can find out what we want in this life.

Before I end this post, I dedicate this song to this entry. If you watched the trailer Perks of Being a Wallflower, you'll recognize this. Plus, this song reminds us that we are on our way (finding ourselves). :)

No, it seems you're a lot like me
You dug yourself into places you never thought you would be
Don't you fret and don't you mind
The only constant is changing
You never know what you'll find

Yeah, tomorrow I might wake up nice and clean
I might believe the things I said I didn't mean
This might turn and wind up just the way we dreamed
and I might become the things I swore I'd always be


To finding our passion!



Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...