Monday, August 8, 2011

51: Jealous of the passion

Ben Starr
Whenever I watch Masterchef, it never fails to make me feel so jealous of the passion that the contests have for cooking. During the audition day I witness how others have groveled to get into the top 30 just because they know that this is what they are born to do. Even the ones that did not even pass the audition made me feel jealous because they know what they want and wasn't just able to reach the judges' standard.

I want the same passion as these contest have; the kind of passion that drove them to fight and prove that cooking is what makes them.

There was a particular contest who said something that poked right through me and it's Ben Star (was it Stark?). I was maimed when he said that "This (cooking) is what I want to do for the rest of my life". It wounded me because it made me conscious of the fact that simple statement is something I have never said in my entire life and something that I have to say yet in the future. But though it had poked right through me, it did not leave me disabled but rather determined to be able to say the same thing with my utmost sincerity.

I figured that I have to do something, I have to find my niche ... find where my passion lies. If it takes me a lifetime to search for it then by God I'll do it. I am passionate. I have it in me I just need to open my eyes and see it.

Signed,
Me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...